Crab 'Snow Cones' on Ice
- 1 pound chopped crabmeat
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped mango flesh
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon specialty salt (recommended: Hawaiian Lava salt...'cause I am fancy like that)
- 1 chopped serrano or jalapeno pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon fine sugar
- Dash hot sauce
- Ice, for serving
- Special equipment: 2 1/2-inch metal cones
Combine all of the above ingredients, except the ice, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Fill a large serving glass bowl with ice.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Brooke Peterson, 2010
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen