- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, divided
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and picked to remove shells
- 2 teaspoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 sheets phyllo dough (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Shred the crabmeat into a bowl and mix with the parsley, lime juice, salt, to taste, and pepper. Add the crabmeat to the scallion mixture.
Melt 10 tablespoons of butter in a small pan and set aside.
Unfold 1 sheet of the phyllo dough. Brush the sheet with melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Repeat the process by laying a second sheet of phyllo dough over the first sheet, brush it with melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs until 5 sheets have been used. Spoon a 1-inch wide row of the crab mixture along 1 edge of the phyllo dough. Roll it up. Brush the top with butter and set aside. Repeat the entire process using the all the phyllo dough and crab filling.
2007, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved