- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, divided
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and picked to remove shells
- 2 teaspoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 sheets phyllo dough (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Shred the crabmeat into a bowl and mix with the parsley, lime juice, salt, to taste, and pepper. Add the crabmeat to the scallion mixture.
Melt 10 tablespoons of butter in a small pan and set aside.
Unfold 1 sheet of the phyllo dough. Brush the sheet with melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Repeat the process by laying a second sheet of phyllo dough over the first sheet, brush it with melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs until 5 sheets have been used. Spoon a 1-inch wide row of the crab mixture along 1 edge of the phyllo dough. Roll it up. Brush the top with butter and set aside. Repeat the entire process using the all the phyllo dough and crab filling.