- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup finely sliced scallion, light and dark part
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound picked over crab
- 1/4 cup (or more) fresh breadcrumbs
- Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flour for dredging
- Cole slaw made with threads of carrot, red bell pepper and parsley
In a bowl combine the mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, scallion, 1 teaspoon salt and egg. Add to crab and fold in enough breadcrumbs so crab cakes just hold together; season with Tabasco sauce. Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes so that it is easier to handle. Shape mixture into 8 small cakes. Heat oil and butter in a nonstick skillet. Dip cakes in flour on both sides and shake off excess. Cook gently, on low heat for about 5 minutes a side or until cooked through. Drain and serve over cole slaw.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.