- 5 pounds shelled Alaskan King crab
- 1 1/2 finely diced red pepper
- 2 bunches scallions
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cup cream, mixed with 12 tablespoons cornstarch, to make a slurry
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup seafood sauce, recipe follows
- 16 breadsticks
- Mustard Creme Sauce, recipe follows
- Mustard Creme Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon finely diced onion
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 quarts cream
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 6 ounces white roux, to thicken
Saute pepper, scallions, garlic, tarragon, nutmeg, and black pepper lightly in butter. Let cool and set aside. In a bowl, mix all ingredients together, carefully by hand. Make 28 (3 1/2-ounce) cakes. Serve with a Mustard Creme Sauce. Garnish with scallions and tomatoes.Mustard Creme Sauce:
In a large saute pan, cook the onion, wine, salt, and pepper. In a separate sauce pot, heat the cream and mustard. Thicken the cream-mustard mixture with the roux, by stirring some of the mixture into the roux, whisking to incorporate and then adding the roux to the mixture. Add the onion mixture and cook for at least 20 minutes, stirring often, until mixture has lost the raw flour taste, has a satin-y sheen, and evenly and thickly coats the back of a spoon. Strain before serving.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs, and therefore may be difficult to reproduce in the home.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.