Mother found this recipe somewhere in the late 60's early 70's as fondue pots were coming out. Always made it on Christmas Eve and still do with my family.
- 1 (5-ounce) jar sharp American cheese spread, recommended: Cheese Whiz
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (7-ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked (I use real crabmeat now)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, or half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cubed and toasted French bread, for dipping
In a fondue pot over low heat, add the American cheese and the cream cheese. Stir well to combine and cook until the cheese has melted. Add the crabmeat, half-and-half, Worcestershire, and garlic salt and heat through until hot and creamy.
Serve with cubed toasted French bread, for dipping.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Per Serving (analyzed for 12 servings):
Calories 125; Total Fat 10 g; (Sat Fat 6 g, Mono Fat 2 g, Poly Fat 0 g) ; Protein 7 g; Carb 3 g; Fiber 0 g; Cholesterol 47 mg; Sodium 340 mg
Click here to view Food Network Kitchen's healthier version of this recipe.
Click here to submit a recipe to be made over.