Cranberry Black Pepper Chutney
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries (not thawed; 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cook shallot in butter in a 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until berries have burst and chutney is thickened, about 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
Note: Chutney can be made 1 week ahead and chilled, covered.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay