Cranberry Turkey Pizza
- 3 sliced shallots
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 small ready-made pizza crusts
- 1 spicy Italian turkey sausage, casing removed and crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack
- Chile flakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small saute pan saute shallots in olive oil. Add cranberries, orange zest and juice, and ginger. Reduce 50 percent. Check for seasoning.
Place cooled cranberry sauce on pizza crust, add turkey sausage, Parmesan, Monterey Jack, and chile flakes. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, and be sure the sausage is cooked through.
Recipe courtesy Ming Tsai, copyright 2001