Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Verde
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. oil
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 -1/2 cups KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inch)
1. HEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
2. MIX sour cream and salsa until well blended.
3. Cook and stir onions and garlic in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat 4 to 5 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
4. Stir in chicken, 1 cup sour cream mixture, chiles and 1/2 cup cheese .
5. SPOON about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla
6. Roll up.
8. BAKE 15 to 20 min. or until heated through.
Serve with a side of hot cooked rice to round out the meal.
Sprinkle with chopped tomatoes and sliced green onions just before serving.
Prepare as directed, omitting the oil and substituting 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef for the chicken. Brown meat with onions and garlic; continue as directed.
How to Shred Cooked Chicken:
Place cooked chicken on cutting board. Use 2 forks or your fingers to pull meat lengthwise in opposite directions, separating it into long shreds.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.