Creamy Corn Pudding with Mushrooms: Escatoon
- 1 3/4 ounces duck fat
- 20 ounces small wild mushrooms, cleaned, de-stemmed, and sliced thinly
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches parsley, stems removed and chopped finely
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces very fine cornmeal
- 9 ounces mascarpone
- 5 ounces Basque Brebis, grated
- 3 ounces chicken glace (chicken stock reduced until thick)
In a sauce pot, combine the chicken broth and the cornmeal with a whisk. Season with salt and pepper. Over low heat, cook the mixture just until it thickens and comes together, like a pate a choux. Add the mascarpone and the cheese. Stir until melted. Adjust seasoning. The mixture should be somewhat liquid. If necessary, add some more chicken stock.
Bring the chicken glace to a boil.
Pour the polenta into 4 bowls. Top with the cooked mushrooms. Drizzle with chicken glace.
Recipe courtesy of Helene Darozze