Creamy Corn Soup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 5 ears of corn, husked and kernels removed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Manchego cheese
Melt the butter in a large stockpot over moderate heat. Saute the onions until soft, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, coriander, cumin and jalapeno pepper and sautJ another 2 minutes to release the aromas. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they are juicy. Add the potatoes, bell pepper, salt and pepper, and stock. Cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the corn and heat through another 2 minutes.
In a blender, puree half of the soup with the milk and cheese. Stir the puree back into the soup pot. Adjust seasoning. Heat slowly until soup is warmed through and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.