Creamy Mocha Chocolate and Raspberry Parfait
- Mocha Chocolate Mousse:
- Two 10 1/2-ounce containers Mori-Nu lite, silken tofu
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Tia Maria or other coffee liqueur
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon good quality cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Raspberry sauce:
- 2 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, well rinsed, or frozen, thawed
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 4 mint leaves
To prepare the mousse, combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and puree until creamy, about 2 minutes. Transfer the mousse to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
To prepare the raspberry sauce, combine 1 1/2 cups of raspberries and the remaining ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth. Strain the raspberry sauce through a fine strainer (rubbing with a rubber spatula to work through the mesh) into a small bowl. Mix in the remaining 1 cup of whole raspberries, cover, and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
Spoon a 1-inch deep layer of mousse into long, narrow parfait glasses or small glass dessert bowls, spreading out evenly. Top with a layer of raspberry sauce. Repeat, ending with a layer of mousse. Chill for at least 20 minutes. Garnish with some whole raspberries and a mint leaf. Per serving: calories - 133, protein - 8 gm, fat - 2 gm, cholesterol - 0mg
Thank you! your flag was submitted.