Creamy Pesto Gnocchi with Italian Sausage
- 2 1 lb. boxes gnocchi (refrigerated, frozen or vacuum packed)
- 1 pkg. Johnsonville® Sweet or Mild Italian Sausage links, decased
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. snap peas
- 1 med. red bell pepper, 1/2 inch diced
- 6 -8 oz. pesto, (store bought or fresh made, 3/4 - 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup light cream (or half and half)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
In a large pot, cook the gnocchi according to the package directions. Drain, rinse and return them to the pot.
In a 12" skillet, heat oil over medium heat and saute the snap peas and red peppers until tender, about 4 minutes. Toss into the pot with the reserved cooked gnocchi. In the same skillet, cook and crumble Italian sausage until cooked through about 8-10 minutes. Transfer sausage to the pot with the vegetables and pasta.
Over med-low heat, stir to combine the pasta, vegetables and sausage mixture. Add the pesto and light cream; toss gently to coat all the ingredients. Heat through and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
* Substitution, if you can't find gnocchi, try this easy pesto and cream sauce on any type of pasta. You can also use 3/4 cup of frozen peas in place of the snap peas.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.