- 16 ounce can hearts of palm, drained with all of the liquid reserved
- 2 cups chicken stock, homemade or bestquality canned
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt, for garnish
Cut the hearts of palm into 3/4inch rounds and quickly saute in butter. Add reserved liquid and chicken stock. Cook over medium heat stirring for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree. Strain through a sieve and return to a sauce pan. Temper 1 egg yolk with some of the hot liquid and whisk into the puree. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into warm soup bowls. Combine the parsley and yogurt and place a dollop on top of the soup as a garnish.