- 4 small blue crabs, cooked
- 1/8 cup clarified butter
- 6 ounces onion, finely sliced
- 1 ounce celery, finely sliced
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, blanched, skinned, seeds removed, cut into quarters
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 cups fish stock
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound oysters
- 8 ounces tiny shrimp, cooked
- 1 (12-ounce) can okra, okra pieces halved
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon file powder
- 1/8 cup cold water
Remove legs from crab and smash with back of knife. Remove claws and break in 3 pieces. Remove meat from body and head.
Heat 1/8 cup clarified butter in large saucepan on high heat. Add crab parts and meat, then add onion, celery and green pepper. Stir in tomatoes and garlic. Mix fish stock with tomato paste and add to crab saute. Bring to boil and add bay leaves. Simmer gently, stirring and skimming top frequently, for 8 minutes. Stir in oysters and their juices, then add shrimp and okra. Season with pepper.
In small bowl, blend file and cold water. Add to soup and stir briskly. On medium-low heat, cook soup for 1 hour; do not let soup boil. Serve piping hot.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.