Creole Tartar Sauce
- 1 egg*
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Creole or whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- *Food Network Kitchens suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs due to the slight risk of Salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell
Put the egg, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, and green onions in a food processor and puree for 15 seconds. With the processor running, pour the oil through the feed tube in a steady stream. Add the cayenne, mustard, and salt and pulse once or twice to blend.
Cover and let sit for 1 hour in the refrigerator before using. Best if used within 24 hours.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.