Crescent-Topped Shepherd's Pie
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak, trimmed of fat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (3 oz.)
- 1/2 cup Green Giant® frozen sweet peas
- 1 jar (14 oz.) tomato pasta sauce
- 1 can (8 oz.) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated flaky dough sheet
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
Stir in Italian seasoning, mushrooms, peas and pasta sauce. Heat to boiling. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into baking dish.
Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until bubbly and crescents are golden brown.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 3, add 1/4 cup water with the pasta sauce. In step 4, do not sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. In step 5, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese the last 5 minutes of bake time.
1 Serving: Calories 540 (Calories from Fat 180); Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2g); Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium 1350mg; Potassium 830mg; Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Soluble Fiber 0g, Insoluble Fiber 3g, Sugars 19g); Protein 36g
Thank you! your flag was submitted.