Crispy Chocolate Banana "Split"
- 4 bananas, split into thirds along its natural seam
- 4 lumpia wrappers
- 1/2 cup toasted almond slices, save some for garnish
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons water (eggwash)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Top notch vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate, small pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder for garnish
Lay out a wrapper and put together the banana filled with the almonds. Roll like a springroll and seal with eggwash. Fry at 350 degrees until GB&D (Golden Brown and Delicious!). Sprinkle with powdered sugar. To make ganache, scald cream and add to the chocolate. Stir until completely melted.
PLATING Place 3 scoops ice cream in a banana boat. Top with fried banana slice on the bias. Top with whipped cream, almonds and drizzle with ganache. Wine Suggestion: Veuve Cliqut Demi Sec
Thank you! your flag was submitted.