Crispy Curried Coconut Shrimp
- 1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Lime wedges, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a food processor, pulse the coconut until coarsely ground and transfer to a shallow bowl. Mix coconut with bread crumbs, curry powder, and salt, and set aside. Beat egg whites until slightly foamy. Dip shrimp in egg whites and coat with coconut mixture. Repeat to form a double coating. Place shrimp on rack placed within a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes. Garnish with lime wedges and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Mary Nolan
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller