- 1 large low -fat, high-fiber, burrito-size tortilla (with about 100 calories)
- Nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- 1/3 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thin slices plum tomato
- 4 fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving, optional
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving, optional
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Put tortilla on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven until slightly crispy, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Leave oven on.
In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese with mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
Bring a skillet coated with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add the onion and, stirring occasionally, cook until softened and slightly browned, about 5 or 6 minutes.
Immediately stir onion into cheese mixture. Add garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and black pepper, and mix well.
Spread cheese-onion mixture evenly on top of the tortilla. Top with tomato slices and basil leaves, and then sprinkle with a dash of salt, if desired.
PER SERVING (entire recipe): 200 calories, 3.25g fat, 930mg sodium, 33g carbs, 7g fiber, 7g sugars, 17g protein