Croquetas de Jamon: Ham Croquettes
- 3 pounds cooking ham, large dice
- 1 white onion, large dice
- 2 red peppers, large dice
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup flour, plus 1/2 cup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups cracker meal
- Canola oil, for frying
In large saute pan, saute ham, onions, peppers, and garlic. Add tomato paste and caramelize. Add parsley, nutmeg, and heavy cream. Sprinkle with 1/2 the flour.
Season, cool, and grind in meat grinder. Shape into finger sized sticks or patties. Bread using remaining flour, egg, and cracker meal.
Heat a saute pan filled 1-inch with canola oil to 375 degrees F. Fry the croquettes until golden brown.