Crostini of Fava Bean Puree, Fresh Ricotta, and Morel Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 baguette, sliced into 40 (1/4-inch) thick slices
- Fava Bean Puree:
- 1 cup peeled and cooked fava beans
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh morel mushrooms, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rings (you may substitute any mushrooms available)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Using a pastry brush, brush a cookie sheet with oil. Place the sliced pieces of baguette on the cookie sheet and lightly brush each piece with oil. Bake until golden brown, approximately 6 minutes.
In a skillet on high heat, saute the mushrooms in 2 tablespoons olive oil and shallots until tender. Season the mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
Spread a spoonful of the fava puree on each slice of baguette and then top with a small amount ricotta then garnish with a piece of cooked morel.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.