Cuban Beef Stew: Carne con Papas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large white onion, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dry cilantro
- 2 1/2 pounds beef top round, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup dry Sherry
- 4 large peeled potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and white pepper
- White rice, as an accompaniment
In a heavy skillet, heat oil and saute onions for 5 minutes. Add garlic, peppers, tomatoes, spices, and meat and saute for 5 more minutes. Add Sherry and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add potatoes and enough water to cover meat and potatoes. Let simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Can be served with white rice.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.