- 4 individual Cuban bread loaves, or 1 long loaf cut into 4 even loafs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound seasoned roasted pork loin*, sliced thinly
- 1 pound smoked ham sliced thin
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- Sliced dill pickles
- Yellow mustard
- * Season the pork loin with salt, pepper, and if desired, a mojo (a mixture of sour orange juice, garlic, and spices)
Preheat the griddle.
Slice the bread loaves in half. Smear the butter on the cut sides of the bread. Add a dash of mustard and mayonnaise. Build each sandwich with the roasted pork, ham, cheese, and pickles.
Place the sandwich on the hot griddle, cover with a sheet of aluminum foil, and place heavy iron skillet or sandwich press to flatten. Grill the sandwich for a few minutes on each side.
Slice in half diagonally and serve.