- 1 1/2 Bolillos, or 1/4 loaf crusty Italian bread
- 6 pickling cucumbers, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Italian Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted and cut in half
- 6 ounces Panela cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Lettuce leaves for serving
Cut the bread, with crusts, into 1/2-inch cubes. Spread on a tray to thoroughly dry, 1 to 2 hours, or dry in a 250 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
Mix the cucumbers, onion, tomatoes, olives and cheese together in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and the bread cubes. Toss well, cover and chill 30 minutes. Serve cold on lettuce- lined plates.