Cucumber Cups with Salmon Mousse
- 10 seedless cucumbers, each about 10 ounces and 11 inches long, ends trimmed
- 18 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 ounces smoked salmon
- Several drops freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Several drops orange blossom water
- Pinch hot paprika
- 2 to 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- Coriander sprigs, for garnish
If cucumbers are waxed, peel them. Cut each crosswise into 5 (1 3/4-inch) pieces. With a small melon baller, carefully scoop out the insides of each piece, leaving a 1/4-inch border around the edge and a 1/2-inch border on the bottom. The cucumber cups may be prepared up to 4 hours in advance, arranged on damp paper towels, tightly covered and refrigerated.
To assemble spoon salmon mousse into a piping bag fitted with a decorative tip, pipe the mousse into the cucumber cups. Garnish with parsley or coriander sprig.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.