- 2 cups plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Line a colander with cheesecloth or muslin. Place a large bowl under the colander. Place yogurt in colander and let sit at room temperature for about four hours or cover and refrigerate overnight. Discard the liquid that has drained into the bowl and proceed with the recipe. Add the onion, cucumber, lemon juice, mint and cilantro and mix well.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.