Cucumber Salad with Freshly Grated Coconut
- 4 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 to 2 serrano chiles, finely chopped, seeds optional
- 2/3 cup freshly grated coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped lightly toasted peanuts
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
When ready to serve salad, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Spoon onto individual plates, garnish with the cilantro leaves and serve. This tastes great with a dollop of strained yogurt.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.