Cumin Crab Canapes
- 6 slices brioche or challah bread
- 2 (7-ounce) cans lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- Pinch salt
- Chives, for garnish
- Special Equipment: 1 1/2 or 2-inch biscuit cutter
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Lay out the bread slices and, using the biscuit cutter, punch out 5 bread rounds per slice. Place the rounds on a baking sheet and place the sheet in the top half of the oven for 3 minutes, until the rounds are lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Drain the crabmeat well and place it in a mixing bowl. Add the mayonnaise, cumin, hot sauce, lime juice, chives and salt and mix well. Mound the crab mix onto the bread rounds by the teaspoonful and garnish with a piece of chive.
Recipe courtesy of Dan Smith and Steve McDonagh