Cured Cobia with Toasted Pine Nut Relish
- Cured Cobia:
- 1 large fillet fresh cobia, skin removed
- 2 cups salt
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest and juice of 3 lemons, plus more juice for drizzling
- Zest and juice of 3 limes
- Zest and juice of 3 oranges
- Toasted Pine Nut Relish:
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup capers
- Extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Grated bottarga (dried silver mullet roe), for garnish, optional
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, optional
For the cured cobia: Mix together the salt, sugar, and zests and juice of the lemons, limes and oranges. Completely submerge the cobia in the cure and chill in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
For the pine nut relish: Dry toast the nuts in a medium saute pan over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes, just to release some of the flavor. Do not burn.
Mix together the toasted pine nuts, raisins, capers and just enough olive oil to coat.
For assembly: Remove the cobia from the cure, cut out the blood-line (if applicable) and discard. Cut the fish into thin slices and arrange layered on a serving dish. Drizzle with some olive oil and lemon juice. Arrange the relish on top. Garnish with bottarga, if using, or sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.