Curried Banana with Rum Raisin Mascarpone
- 1/2 stick butter
- 4 ripe bananas, split lengthwise
- 2/3 cup dark rum
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 (8-ounce) package mascarpone
- 2 whipped egg whites
- 4 tablespoons golden raisins, soaked in 1/4 cup rum to soften
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
Melt the butter in a pan over medium low heat. Add the bananas, rum, curry, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of honey. Cover the pan for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Next, mix the mascarpone and whipped egg white in a large bowl. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey and the rum-soaked raisins. Combine with the curried bananas, and top with pecans.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Copyright 2003, Daisuke Utagawa, All Rights Reserved