Curried Chicken and Broccoli Topping
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup minced scallion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 12 ouncesounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into thin slivers, seasoned with 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and cayenne pepper
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup chicken broth combined with 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
In a large skillet heat the oil over moderately high heat until hot. Add the scallion, ginger and garlic and cook the mixture, stirring, 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook the mixture, stirring, until no longer pink. Add the broccoli and cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Add the broth and bring the liquid to a boil, stirring. Simmer, stirring, until lightly thickened. Season with lemon juice and stir in cilantro. Serve over pasta.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.