- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (3- pound) chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- Small piece scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- Sprinkle with ground cumin
Mix curry, garlic and onion with water. Add to pot with hot oil. Fry for about 2 minutes, then add meat. Fry for a little while. Then add pepper, chives and 1 tomato diced. Fry for a little while again and then add coconut milk. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Keep turning. Have a kettle of boiling water, and add some to pot to make gravy. Sprinkle with ground cumin.
This meal is usually served with white rice or roti skins.
Recipe courtesy of Elizabeth Beckles