Curried Chicken Salad
- 4 cups 1-inch dice poached chicken breast
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh coriander ( cilantro)
- 4 teaspoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Madras style curry powder
- 1 cup prepared or homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Major Grey's mango chutney, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cashew nuts or slivered almonds, toasted (optional
- Serving suggestions:
- 2 cups lettuce or 4 medium pita breads
In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken, onion, coriander, and raisins. In a small saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the curry powder and stir for a minute or until fragrant. Remove pan from the heat and let the flavored oil cool.
In a small bowl mix together the curry oil, mayonnaise, lime juice and chutney. Gently fold the chicken mixture into the flavored mayonnaise. Add the nuts, if desired. Serve on a bed of lettuce or in a pita sandwich.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.