- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat, cleaned
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup scallion, finely chop
- 1/4 cup red pepper, finely dice
- 1/2 cup jicama, brunoised
- 2 tablespoons curry oil, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Curry Oil:
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup curry powder
In bowl put crabmeat, onions, scallions, pepper and jicama. Toss to combine. In another bowl, whisk together curry oil, mayonnaise, and creme fraiche. Add curry mixture to crab mixture, season with salt and black pepper.Curry Oil:
In skillet heat oil and curry powder slowly, stirring constantly until curry is fragrant with burning. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Let curry settle overnight then pour off oil. Store in refrigerator.
Yield: about 1 cup
Thank you! your flag was submitted.