Curried Egg Salad
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups small new potatoes (about 10)
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed and minced
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, minced
- 2 tablespoons slivered toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
To hard boil eggs, place them on the bottom of a deep saucepan. Add enough water to cover. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover the saucepan and remove from the heat. Let the eggs sit for 15 minutes. Drain and let cool water run over them to stop the cooking process. Peel.
To boil potatoes, fill a medium saucepan with enough water to cover them. bring to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes, cover the pan, and lower the heat to medium. Boil until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
Make the dressing: in a medium mixing bowl, stir together the garlic, ginger, cilantro, lemon juice, honey, mustard, yogurt and curry powder.
Chop the hard-boiled eggs and place them in a salad bowl. If the potatoes are larger than walnuts, cut them into halves or quarters before adding them to the bowl. Similarly, if the cherry tomatoes are larger than walnuts, cut them into halves or quarters before adding them to the bowl, too. Toss in the celery, apple, almonds and raisins.
Pour the dressing over the salad and mix gently but thoroughly. Cover and chill before serving, about 2 hours.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.