Curry Chip Chip
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup curry powder
- 2 cups water
- 12 -ounce can coconut cream
- 3 stems green onions, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small habenero pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped shadow-benny (Asian "Ngo Gai") or Cilantro substituted
- 1 pound chopped small clams (chip chip)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- The recipes for this program, which were provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in the Food Network's kitchens. Therefore, the Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.
Heat oil in a stewing pot, add garlic and allow it to brown in the pot leaving its flavor in the oil. Remove garlic from oil. In a small bowl, combine half of the curry powder and half of the water to make a paste. Add curry paste mixture, coconut cream and half the chopped ingredients, and spices. Allow to reduce by half, about 15 minutes. Add clams, the other half of the curry powder and water and remaining ingredients to pot, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until clams are tender (adding more water if needed to maintain a thick gravy).