- 2 pounds goat meat (or lamb) without bones
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper (any color), seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice (dry pimento berries)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 whole scallions, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (optional)
- 7 cups water
Rinse goat meat well, rub lime juice over it (from 1/2 whole lime), place meat in a bowl, then add salt, black pepper, Scotch bonnet, thyme, allspice, curry powder, scallions, onion and garlic. Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator, longer would be ideal. Heat the oil in a skillet until it is very hot, and saute the meat until golden brown. Then add the marinade, tomatoes and coconut milk, if using, and simmer for approximately 3 more minutes. Add water, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 2 to 3 hours stirring occasionally until meat is tender.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.