Curry Grilled Mussels
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Zest of 2 limes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 pounds mussels, scrubbed well and beards removed
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 8 slices crusty French bread
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
2. Place 2 large pieces of heavy-duty foil from an 18-inch box on top of each other and put the mussels, garlic and onions on top. Fold the foil pieces upward to form a bowl or packet and pour the coconut milk mixture over the mussels. Close the packet, creating a seamless seal and leaving some space between the mussels and the top of the packet. Place on the grill and cook for 10 minutes, shaking the packet once.
3. While the mussels are cooking, brush the bread with the olive oil. Place a sheet of heavy-duty foil on the grill next to the mussels and add the bread slices. Grill until the slices begin to char, flipping halfway through, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Remove the mussels from the grill and open the packet, being careful of steam. Pour the mussels and the liquid into a serving bowl, sprinkle with the cilantro and scallions and serve with the grilled bread.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.