- 1 head of romaine lettuce, torn apart or chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 hard boiled eggs, mashed
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 medium zucchini, grilled and chopped
- 1 cup of eggplant, grilled and chopped
- 1 small onion, grilled and chopped
Place the romaine in a large wooden bowl. In a mixing bowl, combine the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, eggs and cheese. Mix well and pour over the greens. Add grilled vegetables, cooled. Toss and serve with homemade croutons.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 yellow squashes, sliced
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Juice of 2 medium oranges
Combine all of the vegetables except the eggplant in an airtight plastic bag. If you marinate the eggplant with the other vegetables, it will absorb all of the liquid, so marinate the eggplant separately in another bag. Mix the soy sauce and orange juice together and pour over the vegetables and seal the bags. Marinate at least 30 minutes.
Place the vegetables on a vegetable rack or on foil into which holes have been punched and place them on the grill. Cook until tender.
- 1/2 stick (2-ounces) butter, melted
- 3 slices day-old bread, toasted and broken into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Melt the butter in a saute pan. Add the bread. Sprinkle the garlic salt and herbs on top of the bread. Toss the bread pieces constantly, until all of the butter has been absorbed.