- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut in florets, stalks peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 scallion, sliced thinly on bias
- 1 red pepper, diced
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
In a steamer place the stems on the bottom, slice 3 thin slices of ginger, place over stems and top with broccoli florets. Steam broccoli for 5 minutes.
Grate the rest of the ginger, there should be about 2 teaspoons. Mix the ginger with soy, vinegar, and sesame oil, and toss with broccoli (remove the ginger slices before serving). Arrange on platter, top with red pepper, scallions and sesame seeds
LOOKS LIKE BROCCOLI.... BROCCOLI RABE
Trim off the bottom, tough stems of the broccoli rabe, wash well. Slice stems into 1/2-inch pieces and saute with whole peeled garlic cloves in olive oil. After 5 minutes add florets, saute until slightly tender, add a pinch of Italian red pepper and serve over pasta.