"da Pork Chop"
- Peppercorn Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons green peppercorns
- 1/2 cup small diced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 quarts dark beef stock
- 4 (20 ounce) double cut pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 cups prepared frozen spatzle
- 1 cup spinach chiffonade
For the sauce: Saute peppercorns, onions, garlic, and chile in olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes. Add vinegar and Worcestershire and reduce by 1/2. Add molasses, tomato paste and beef stock. Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes to reduce by 1/3. Let cool and store until needed.
Season each chop with salt and pepper and grill or broil, until desired doneness. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a saute pan until it starts to brown. Turn down heat to a simmer and add spatzle and spinach. Cook for a few minutes until the spatzle is warm. Serve with green peppercorn sauce.
Recipe courtesy Mike Ditka's Restaurant