- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Put the flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, baking powder, cardamom, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add 1 3/4 cups of the heavy cream and mix until a dough forms. Put the dough onto a floured surface and pat into a disk 12 inches in diameter. Cut into 6 wedges and place on a baking sheet. Brush each wedge with the remaining 3 tablespoons of cream and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the pan into the top half of the oven and bake for 25 minutes, until the cakes are golden and firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and let cool.