- 1 loaf Challah bread, cut into 2-inch dice
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- 1/2 cup blueberries, for garnish
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Put bread cubes into large bowl. Mix eggs, cream, brown sugar, zest and vanilla together; pour over bread. Mix well and let sit for a minimum of 15 minutes. Butter a casserole dish and pour the mixture into the casserole. Put into the top half of the oven until the center is slightly firm to the touch, about 30 minutes. Remove and serve warm, topped with whipped cream, blueberries, and powdered sugar.