- 6 eggs
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons nonpareil capers
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 14 slices sturdy white sandwich bread
- 1/4 cup chopped chives, for garnish
Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil the eggs for exactly 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit 10 more minute before draining. Run under cold water and peel the eggs immediately - the shell will come off much more easily while the eggs are still wet and warm.
Lay out 7 slices of the bread and spread 1/4 cup of the egg salad onto each slice. Cover with the remaining bread slices. Trim the crust off of all the sandwiches and cut each sandwich crosswise into four triangles.