Dandelion Salad with Warm Hazelnut Vinaigrette
- 2 large bunches dandelion greens (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Discard tough stems from greens. Cut top 5 inches from greens and reserve. Cut remaining greens into 3/4-inch slices. Transfer all greens to a large serving bowl. Coarsely chop nuts and finely chop garlic. In a small heavy skillet cook garlic and nuts in grapeseed oil over moderate heat, stirring, until garlic is golden. Stir in vinegar, hazelnut oil, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Pour hot vinaigrette over greens and toss to combine.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell