Honey Apple and Nectarine Tart with Whipped Mascarpone
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 small Golden Delicious apple, peeled, halved, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 small nectarine, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon orange liqueur
Line 1 large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sheet of puff pastry on a floured surface and cut into 4 even squares. Separate the squares and leave some room between them on the baking sheet. Create a border around the inside of each square by scoring about 1/2-inch around the inside the square. Prick the dough inside the small square. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day.
Position 1 rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
On each pastry square, overlap slices of apple and nectarine, within the border.
Brush fruit on each tart, with melted butter and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
Recipes written by Danny Boome - All Rights Reserved by Crash Bang Boome Production LLC