Shrimp Pad Thai
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red crushed pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 7 ounces rice noodles, soaked in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes then drained
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or a large frying pan. Add the garlic and ginger, and saute until golden brown. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until pink, tossing from time to time. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in the same pan and add the eggs. Stir to scramble the egg into small pieces, remove and set aside with the shrimp.
Add the bean sprouts, chopped scallions, and cilantro. Mix well and continue to cook until noodles are heated through. Season, if necessary, with a little more soy sauce or fish sauce, sprinkle in lime zest and juice, and serve while hot!
Thank you! your flag was submitted.