- 1 ahi (yellowfin) tuna steak (about 4 to 6 ounces)
- 1 small orange, halved 1/2 sliced with rind and white pith removed, other 1/2 juiced
- 1/2 small grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 sprig fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 dry thin rice noodles, lightly broken up
Thinly slice the tuna steak (sashimi-style). Place the thin layers of tuna on a plate. Remove the rind and pith of 1/2 an orange, then slice and quarter. Remove the rind and pith of 1/2 a grapefruit, then slice and quarter. Lay the orange and grapefruit quarters on top of the tuna.
In a small saut� pan, heat the oil over high heat and quickly fry the rice noodles for 1 minute. Sprinkle them over the top and serve.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.