Spicy Tuna Sashimi
- 1 ahi (yellowfin) tuna steak (about 4 to 6 ounces)
- 1 small orange, halved 1/2 sliced with rind and white pith removed, other 1/2 juiced
- 1/2 small grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 sprig fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 dry thin rice noodles, lightly broken up
Thinly slice the tuna steak (sashimi-style). Place the thin layers of tuna on a plate. Remove the rind and pith of 1/2 an orange, then slice and quarter. Remove the rind and pith of 1/2 a grapefruit, then slice and quarter. Lay the orange and grapefruit quarters on top of the tuna.
In a small saut� pan, heat the oil over high heat and quickly fry the rice noodles for 1 minute. Sprinkle them over the top and serve.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Darrell "DAS" Smith
Recipe courtesy of Herb Mesa
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis